April 14, 2011

Rustic Potato Tart






I've been feeling a little neglectful toward my creative side lately, so I thought I would share a delicious meal I made this week. Its nice, simple (even simpler if you cheat and buy ready to use pie crust), and wholesome. And did I mention it was delicious?





 I used what I had at home in the refrigerator to add to the (3) potatoes: (1 cup) leek, (1/2 cup)broccoli and (3 cloves)garlic. Lightly saute them until they begin to soften then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.


Place a rolled out pie crust on a cookie sheet or in a 9 x 12 baking pan. Add grated asiago or parmigiana cheese to the middle 7 inches of the pie crust. Then pile on the veggies, leaving the outside of the pie crust uncovered. Fold up the edges of the crust to hold in the veggies then brush with a beaten egg. Add a little more cheese to the top.

  Bake in a 425 oven for 15 minutes, then turn down to 375 and cook for another 30. Cover with a tent of aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes or so to ensure the potatoes get soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment